Cartographic Materials, 2002 Revision, 2004 Update (update pages only)
Prepared by the Anglo-American Cataloguing Committee for Cartographic Materials
Elizabeth U. Mangan, Editor
ALA Member Price: $31.50
8.5” x 11”
Loose-leaf binder-ready pages;
Cartographic Materials, 2004 Update is the must-have supplement for all purchasers of the original Cartographic Materials. This brand new 2004 Update reflects current AACR2 terminology and additional forms of cartographic materials.
What’s new in the 2004 Update?
- New and updated rules in full concordance with AACR2 2003 and 2004 updates
- Rule revisions for appendix A and K
- "Type and extent of resource" in area 3 for electronic materials eliminated
- Includes area 5 rules for remote access electronic materials
- Revised format for all appendixes
- A complete and fully revised index
- New pages to reflect the merger of the National Library of Canada and National Archives of Canada
- A checklist of new updates
Available in convenient loose-leaf format, with 8.5" X 11" pages to allow for easy integration with the original text, the 2004 Update is the essential companion to Cartographic Materials.
About the Author(s)
Elizabeth U. Mangan served as editor for this edition. She recently retired from the Library of Congress where she was Head of Technical Services, Geography and Map Division.
The Anglo-American Cataloguing Committee for Cartographic Materials is composed of institutions and associations who deal with the collection and description of cartographic materials in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Institutional members include the British Library, the Library of Congress, the National Archives of Canada, the National Library of Australia, the National Library of Canada, and the National Library of New Zealand. Ten association members are national and regional library and/or cartographic associations from all five countries. Representatives from member institutions and associations are recognized experts on bibliographic control of cartographic materials.